School Age Services
School-age children face special challenges and our unique services are designed to support their intellectual and emotional progress.
Skyline Academy is a day treatment program which provides mental health treatment and educational services to children whose emotional or behavioral disorders interfere with their ability to be successful in a traditional public school setting.
Our research-based treatment models emphasize character development, social skills, and appropriate ways to express feelings.
In addition to educational services we offer:
- Individual and group therapy
- Family therapy and parenting support
- Medication appointments
El Centro de las Familias
El Centro de las Familias is a multi-cultural clinic providing Spanish-language & bilingual outpatient mental health care to Denver’s Latino/Hispanic community.
In-Home Therapy Services
Our In-Home Therapy Services offers therapeutic services to children and their families who are experiencing a high level of mental health symptoms. Our program considers the role of the family system when working with children and adolescents. Caregivers' participation is essential to success in our program.
- Our services are family-focused, considering the impacts of attachment and trauma.
- Our services are provided for three hours per week and are considered short-term, only lasting six months to a year.
- Services offered include individual therapy, family therapy, parent meetings and collateral meetings.
- Psychiatry services and case management services are available to families.
- Some sessions may occur in the child’s school and/or during school hours.
Our School-Based program has on-site mental health therapists in several Denver Public Schools providing intervention and treatment to support positive social and emotional development.
- Assessments and evaluations to identify specific problems, strengths and resources
- Individual, family, and group therapy
- Medication evaluation and management
- Case management and crisis intervention
These services are confidential and available free to all students. We encourage parental involvement, and school personnel prior to treatment must notify parents of youth under 15 years old.
Please contact your child’s school for information on the referral process.
Our Child & Family Outpatient Services offer therapeutic and preventive services for children, youth, and their families. We provide evidence-based services designed to meet the needs of each individual and family we serve in order to promote their health and well-being.